By attending the Toast Your Local Arts Council! fundraiser on Friday, February 17, you are helping us to continue to live our mission of celebrating the arts in Ames.
Here are just a few of the reasons you should be there:
1. Your financial support of the Ames Community Arts Council is critical to our success. It’s no secret that in our current political climate, truly local support of our artists, arts organizations, and arts advocacy groups is increasingly important. By pledging your support, you will assure that we can continue to build more resources and opportunities to support the incredible creative community we have in Ames.
2. A strong arts presence is good for your community. University of Pennsylvania researchers have demonstrated that a high concentration of arts in a city leads to higher civic engagement, more social cohesion, higher child welfare, and lower crime and poverty rates (1). As such, the Ames Community Arts Council strives to assure that artists thrive in Ames. Your financial support allows us to do what we do.
3. The arts drive economic growth. Nationally, the typical audience member spends an average of $27.79 per person, per event, beyond the price of admission (2). The Ames Community Arts Council promotes the events of our members to over 600 individuals each week through our e-newsletter and other social media outlets. By spreading the word, we are helping to build audiences, and increasing the success of the individual events while also increasing economic impact. Your engagement in our social media outlets, the events of our members, and this year’s fundraiser, assures the continued positive economic influence of the arts in Ames.
4. Our members are your friends, family, and neighbors, and they are incredibly talented, too. While we won’t have any live performances this year, we will be highlighting our members throughout the evening and giving you just a taste of what they, as individual artists, ensemble members, and local businesses, add to our cultural fabric. Your presence proves that what they do is important to you.
5. It will be a lot of fun! The planning committee has been working hard to create an event that is laid back, and quirky, and that will be a good time for everyone! We’ll have food, drinks, crafts, music, and well…TOAST. Carb loading for the arts is always good, right?
*** *** **** ***
This event is supported by the Ames Convention & Visitors Bureau Community Grant Program and the City of Ames Commission on the Arts (COTA). Additional promotional support has been provided by KASI-AM – News Talk Radio, Ames.
If you would like more information, please contact the Ames Community Arts Council by calling 515-233-6110, e-mailing email@example.com, or visiting the website, www.amesart.org.
(1) http://blog.americansforthearts.org/2016/03/04/10-reasons-to-support-the-arts-in-2016, pt. #8
(2) www.americansforthearts.org/sites/default/files/pdf/information_services/research/services/economic_impact/aepiii/national_report.pdf, pg. 9