Anyone may become a member of the Ames Community Arts Council. By becoming a member, you are supporting the arts in our community! If you are wondering about membership, you may also want to visit our FAQ section.
Supporter of the Arts (Friend - $50, Patron - $100, Advocate - $250, or Benefactor - $500)
(Enrolled at least half time)
Business and Organization Membership
Nonprofit Organization ($100)
Silver Level Business ($150)
Gold Level Business ($300)
* Artists are welcome to join the Arts Council at a higher membership level (Friend, Patron, Advocate or Benefactor) in order to support the arts in Ames more fully. Alternatively, artists may join as students, if they are enrolled at least half time. Any artist wishing join at a non-artist level should indicate the appropriate level and contribution amount on the application and complete the artist questions. All artist members will receive artist benefits regardless of their membership level.
More Information about Member Benefits
- Arts Awards Nomination Privileges: Since 1997, the Arts Council has hosted a very special celebration -- the Arts Awards! Arts Council members are encouraged to honor those who have exhibited outstanding service, skills, and dedication to the arts in Ames. This is a wonderful way to recognize volunteers, board members, and others for their time and effort. Only members (individual or organization/business) may make nominations. To make a nomination, click here! You are also invited to attend the ceremony and celebrate the exemplary work of others.
- City Auditorium Rental Discount: Members may rent the Ames City Auditorium at a substantial discount. Contact the City of Ames for costs and be sure to let them know you are a member. This is a great value -- the savings from one auditorium rental is likely to pay for your membership.
- Bulk Mailing Privileges: The Arts Council has a bulk mail permit with the United States Postal Service. As a member, you are eligible to use our permit, enabling you to significantly lower your mailing costs. We recommend that you consult the helpful bulk mail specialist at the downtown post office as you design your mailer to be sure that you are following the rules and keeping your costs as low as possible.
- Event Promotion (Online Calendar, e-newsletter and social media): Event promotion is an important part of our mission to celebrate the arts. We believe that participating in the arts benefits the whole community, and we are dedicated to helping spread the word about all the wonderful events provided by our members. Members' events are featured on our online calendar, in our free weekly e-newsletter, and on our social media. We are constantly working to increase our newsletter list, increase our engagement on social media, and find new ways to reach out to the community. For more information about submitting events, please check out the FAQ page here. If you would like to sign up for the newsletter, click here.
- Private Facebook Group: We believe in the power of community for sharing information, finding inspiration and getting a little help. The private Facebook group is a way for artist members to easily connect with each other.